So I have decided to start a new series called “just for kids”. It’s a series that’s going to feature kid-friendly things to do in different cities. I hope you guys find it useful and keep it handy for when you travel to each of these places. To get things started I thought I would feature the city we live in, Tampa.
1. Spend the afternoon at Glazer Children’s Museum in downtown located next to Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park
2. Catch a movie at the Tampa Theatre
3. Stop by The Florida Aquarium and be sure to bring a swimsuit to play in the splash zone outside afterwards
4. On the second to last Saturday in January the Gasparilla Children’s Parade takes place, followed by fireworks over the bay
5. The beach! Tampa is surrounded by some of the best beaches in the country, take advantage of visiting as many of them as you can
6. Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo is fun throughout the year, make sure to visit during October for their ZooBoo celebration
7. A little less than an hour outside of Tampa is Dade City’s Wild Things. Take a tour, book animal encounters and even swim with baby tigers
9. Hop on board Captain Memo’s Pirate Cruise and enjoy a day full of pirate-themed fun
10. Visit MOSI, the Museum of Science and Industry, with things to do for everyone including: an IMAX theatre, butterfly garden, ropes course & zip line
11. During the winter time be sure to visit Tampa’s Downtown on Ice
12. Big Cat Rescue is one of the world’s largest exotic cat sanctuaries
13. Attend a sporting event. Take your pick from a Tampa Bay Buccaneers football game, a Tampa Bay Lightning hockey game or a Tampa Bay Rays baseball game
14. Old McMicky’s Farm just outside Tampa is always a favorite; enjoy hands-on encounters with your favorite farm animals
15. Head down to Apollo Beach to the Manatee Viewing Center and see if you can keep count of how many manatees you can spot
The list can go on and on. There are really so many different things to do all throughout the year in the Tampa Bay Area with your family. What are some of your favorite things to do with your kids in Tampa?